THE WORLD ABOUT US
Various tutors introduce you to their specialist subjects in a diverse series of stimulating lectures on a wide range of topics.
The World About Us Session 1: Starting 1 October, the topics include:
- The Franklyn Mystery
- From the Water Babies to War of the Worlds – Ideas of Evolution in the Victorian era
- Grizel Jaffray – Dundee’s last witch
- An Introduction to Psychology
- Scotland’s Legal System
- The Philosophy of Personal Identity
Course Code: 03 105 Tuesday 10.00 –12.00 Starts 1 October – 6 weeks Fee: £48/£425
The World About Us Session 2: Starting on January 28, the topics include:
- An Introduction to Criminology
- In Search of Charlotte Bronte
- Churchill: Local Connections
- Leonardo: The genius, the artist, the man
- The Mither Tongue
Course Code: 03 204 Tuesday 10.00 – 12.00 Starts 28 January – 6 weeks Fee: £48/£42
SCOTS LAW THEN AND NOW
What do you really know about the legal system of the country you live in?
These classes will consider both the court and tribunal systems and the people who play a role in them and Family Law, which governs the most personal of our relationships – and it is changing. The class will explore the difference between marriage and civil partnerships, how they are formed and dissolved, the provision for the parties and their children, mediation as an alternative to court action and possible alternatives to marriage.
Course Code: 03 216 Wednesday 3.00 – 5.00 Starts 26 February – 5 weeks Fee: £40/£35